Sunday, June 2, 2013

DIY engagement ring holders

I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and their frames were on sale, I went looking through the regular picture frame area and found these adorable little frames - about 3" x 3". I couldn't help myself but to buy a couple. I saw no use in putting itty bitty pictures in them but I figured I could do something with them.

Materials
  • Small frames
  • Nail
  • Pliers & needlenose pliers 
  • Super glue, or E4000
  • Glue gun/glue sticks

Optional: ribbon



Get your nail and hold half of it with the pliers, grab the other side with the needle nose pliers and bend it so it has a curve.

Disassemble the frames. Remove the glass and throw away.

Glue four big dots on the backing of the picture frame (the dots will go on the front). This is because without the glass the backing will be loose, and putting the glue dots helps it stay in place. Once the four dots are in place, make a glue dot in the center or upper center of the picture frame. Attach the nail by the head. here and add additional hot glue if needed.
Reassemble frame.

Attach a ribbon bow with hot glue or leave it plain. These are perfect for the kitchen, bathroom or bedroom. You will love it.  This also makes for the perfect engagement gift! 








No comments:

Post a Comment