Tuesday, June 4, 2013

DIY Magnet Board

I noticed my makeup drawer getting a little cluttered the other day. I already have it organized into a makeup box, but I thought it was about time I got some of the eyeshadow singles out of the drawer and up onto the wall. 


I've seen posts for the magnetic makeup board for a long time now. I like the fact that it doesn't only have to be used for makeup, but can be used as a magnet board in an office or bedroom. Hubby likes that it feels less cluttered on the bathroom counter. It's practical for me and him.



For the board

You will need:
A flat metal sheet with dull corners and edges - don't cut yourself or the fabric.
Enough fabric to cover the baking sheet entirely, ~1/2 yard - 1 yard depending on the metal you use. The fabric must be durable enough to be glued.
Glue. I used hot glue. Make sure the glue you use is safe for the fabric you choose. 
Optional: Frame to fit metal, acrylic paint, brushes


Start by lining the metal with fabric. Lay the metal down flat on the face down fabric. Fold and glue the fabric around the back of the frame and make sure to pull fabric taut. Set aside to dry.


For the magnets

You will need:
Tacky Glue
Box of magnets, found in craft stores and craft aisles.

Use the tacky glue as directed on whatever you want to make into a magnet.






No comments:

Post a Comment